View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #362
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'd done 16 of 50 at the end of March, so I'm looking okay.

I worry a bit that it's stopping me reading longer works, having this target. If I build up a bit of a buffer I'll be able to read something that might take longer.
That's why I decided to use word count instead of book count for my goal this year. Instead of 50 books, I decided to go for 5 million words; the equivalent of 50 100,000 word books. Now I don't feel guilty about short books, and I won't avoid the long ones.

I'm using the word count plug-in in Calibre for the count. I'll have to estimate words for any DTBs I read. I made a spreadsheet to track my total and calculate my progress against where I should be on any given date. Very motivating. I'm about 200,000 words ahead of schedule so far.
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote