View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
BevL
No Tech Patience
BevL began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note, Kindle Paperwhite 3G
I've actually been hoping for one of these ultimate ereaders for quite a while. Who cares if it can't run 90% of the other Android apps? Its sole purpose is to offer me multiple reading apps for multiple formats on an eye friendly screen; the ultimate in reading choices without being stuck in one reading environment.

Recently I realized that there would be an added benefit. My teenage son and my husband share my Kindle account, which means my son, using his Android phone's Kindle app, has access to every book I buy, including the adult-only books. With a multi-format ereader, I could purchase the adult books in say epub and keep them out of the Amazon environment completely. Yes, I could do that now, but my tired old eyes can no longer handle reading on my laptop or on my phone even though it's a large screen Note. So right now I send the mobi or PDF formats to my Kindle Paperwhite instead of buying in epub and sending to my Aldiko app. This is a problem a lot of people have complained to Amazon about but they've not done anything about at the Kindle library level (as opposed to parental controls on their devices).

Last edited by BevL; 09-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.
BevL is offline   Reply With Quote