View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Lewis, Sinclair: Elmer Gantry. v1. 29 June 07

I decided to EXPERIMENT and used the BOOK TABLE for the chapter numbers. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON THE TABLE.

Elmer Gantry...well, well, well. If you want to know what a religious hypocrite looks like - in terms of human nature (or if you already know) - then Gantry will be a "familiar" figure to most of us.

Here's one quote:

"[A] satiric indictment of fundamentalist religion that caused an uproar upon its publication in 1927. The title character of Elmer Gantry starts out as a greedy, shallow, philandering Baptist minister, turns to evangelism, and eventually becomes the leader of a large Methodist congregation. Throughout the novel Gantry encounters fellow religious hypocrites, including Mrs. Evans Riddle, Judson Roberts, and Sharon Falconer, with whom he becomes romantically involved. Although he is often exposed as a fraud, Gantry is never fully discredited."

I hope you enjoy it.

Don

I just found out that navigating through the chapters ONLY works if the toggle switch is moved UP or DOWN, even if the chapter is to the left or right.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Lewis, Sinclair - Elmer Gantry.lrf (575.1 KB, 568 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-29-2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Using the "toggle Switch"
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote