View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
When I started with my glo that empty space in the bottom drove me crazy, until I found how to get rid off it, it’s true that you shouldn’t have to convert a book to make it better looking but I prefer to take a bit off time and read without being annoyed with the lost space.
You can put this { widows: 0; orphans: 0; } in the extra CSS, you can set it by default in Calibre – Preferences / conversion / common options, and you can bulk convert, and even delete the original epus all at once, it only takes a minute.
What he was mentioning is a bug where an overly long paragraph gets split up and displayed over multiple pages with lots of blank space. It has nothing to do with the widows and orphans setting.

In one book I have (Zenna Henderson's Pilgrimage), there is a paragraph that takes just shy of 4 full pages in the paperback edition I've owned for several decades. On my Aura with my font choice. size and margin settings, it should take slighly over 3 pages. Instead, I get a page with 17 lines, a page full of text and then two pages with about 20 lines each. If I edit the ebook with Sigil and split the paragraph at what I think is a reasonable point, the display on the ereader looks fine. If I rename the ebook to .kepub.epub, the ACCESS renderer on the Kobo has no issues with that paragraph.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 06-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote