View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #517
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
Well, it would hardly be the first time Amazon quietly changed something without bothering to tell anyone.

Transferring over USB is why I wanted to strip the files myself. Using PDS has the advantage that more content can be kept in the cloud and fetched from the device, and it syncs reading location. (The latter two things don't seem to work on my Kindle 2, but content can be pushed from the web site.)
No: it certainly wouldn't (be the first time Amazon changed something...);

I could harangue for days over the horsepucky with the SRL change in/around December, which doesn't show up until after the Publishing Workflow (in other words, after the book is put on sale)...and then only in books for which there's no discernible or describable or document-able criterion. I've had not less than 20 back and forth emails with the Mgr of Digital Operations about this one, because it's just WHACK.

Anyway, though: thanks again. I really wouldn't have found out for ages, simply because it's not a method we ever used a lot, and on the rare occasions we did, post the advent of K8, the doc conversion was still old-school.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote