View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
siebert
Developer
siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) 3G / iPad 9 WiFi / Google Pixel 6a (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I haven't looked at your site or recipe, but you should be aware that this feature is used by many people who have readers that can access the web. Removing it often decreases the value of a recipe.
I don't get why you bother to create an offline copy of the content via calibre if you want to read it online via a browser?

Perhaps it makes more sense for other sites, but the brand eins recipe fetches the monthly published print magazine from the web online archive and the EPUB contains all the relevant content of the web pages, so I see no point in having a link on every single page and I doubt that brand eins would have them if they would provide an EPUB version of their magazine (which they currently don't) .

I would prefer to have a single notice with link at the beginning and/or the end of the EPUB file to give credit to calibre and refer to the source; so it would be perfect if a recipe could easily switch between "link on every page" and "link at beginning and end of EPUB" behavior.

Ciao,
Steffen

Last edited by siebert; 11-21-2010 at 11:28 AM.
siebert is offline   Reply With Quote