View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I'm very impressed and pleased with the current version of OI, but I really really miss even the partial LIT support from the OEM firmware.
It would be possible to add DRM-free LIT support as a 2 stage process: a) clit.exe to explode to a OEB ebook (HTML, Images, and a .opf file) in its own directory, and b) open the OEB ebook using FBReader on the .opf file. This is the approach taken on the Iliad, although the iLiad's unique directory metadata make this a more natural approach than for OI.

The other approach is to convert from LIT to ePub or MOBI or OEB off-line. I use "ConvertLIT GUI" under Windows to create an OEB-ebook and then I ZIP it and rename to .oebzip. FBReader opens the OEBZIP file and treats it as an OEB ebook. An alternative, and probably now a better, approach is to use Calibre to convert from LIT to ePub. Then the result is readable under the standard firmware as well (and will be even more readable under the upcoming Jinke firmware with Adobe ePub support). Calibre's LIT to MOBI conversion is also very good.