View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Firepong
Firepong began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Pandigital Novel, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJim View Post
Good morning from foggy Central Texas. I am using Writer2EPub to "digitize" a children's book my wife and I did a couple years ago. Everything works fine, except that I have lots of blank space around graphics, sometimes as much as a whole Nook Color screen. I've been reading about Sigil and I think it could help me fine tune the ePub file so it will look OK. Am I reading it right?

Thanks a lot,

Jim
Did you make the book on your computer or is it a actual book that your are scanning into your computer. IF it is a book you actually made on your computer, you might want to try Calibre (has its own sub-forum on this very forum) to convert it from your books file type to ePub and see if it will make the book like you want it.

But yes, Sigil can do what you want it to do, just that if its real bad on the code, you will have to go in and re-write that to make it look like you want it, which can be very tiresome if you do not know HTML/XHTML.

If you try Calibre and it still comes out looking like what you have, if you dont mind posting up a copy on the forums or if you don't want to post it, just write me up a private message and send it to me and I'll see what I can do in my free time to the book. Won't be any this week, but I'll have a few days off from work next week and see what i can do
Firepong is offline   Reply With Quote