Thread: Glo Light stopped working
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 02:01 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
The on/off message is sent, but the LED's are not receiving power.
I suggest reseating all the connectors related to the lights on the board, also check for dry solder joints, if in doubt about a solder joint dab a appropriate soldering iron on the joints in doubt
I've checked cables and connectors. I didn't think of dry solder joints but I did look at the board for anything obvious. I might have another look over the weekend. And I know my limits with a soldering iron. If I see anything, it will mean a visit to a neighbour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuji35 View Post
Well, if you can live with a "Basic Kobo" then I guess you should wait. But if lighting is something that is a must for you, then if you can't figure out what's happening, maybe it's time to get a new device.
When I bought the Glo, I was after the higher resolution screen (compared to the Touch) and I thought the light as an interesting gimmick. But, I have gotten used to reading in bed at night with the lights off. Since this happened, I have been reading with a room light on and have realised how much more comfortable I am when I don't have to worry about where the light is coming from.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote