View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 05:23 AM   #28
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I had decided to read this as the series was starting on TV. I held off for a while so as not to spoil the series. I need not have bothered. The idea is really good but the story telling and the characters slow and boring. The TV writers have made a far better job of engaging the viewer. It was interesting to see some of the Authors ideas that have been used almost exactly in the series but I found myself almost scanning the last quarter of the book as the story wandered off into, well I am still not sure where it wandered off to actually.
I can see why the TV writers picked the story up and the series is very good but this book is very disappointing struggles to stand on it's own merit. Were it not for the series, I might not have finished it and that is very rare.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote