Thread: DR Crashs?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Yea fimware 1.6 seems to have gotten the major issues, there were a lot of complaints about battery life as well that are somewhat of a concern. I have an Iliad and if its battery life is similar to that then its fine for me (I live in the big city where we have electricity all the time so I'm rarely away from an outlet). I'm not entirely expecting to not have to charge the device for days, hell my Treo phone seems to need to be charged every couple hours the battery life is so bad but I still use and keep it.

Crashes while reading are a whole other issue, if the devices crashes a lot while reading I wouldn't be able to use it. I've had my Iliad freeze up on me less than 6 times and I've had it for over a year, all the posts in their forum makes me wonder if the DR is crashing more or if its more of an outlier that the device is crashing for them (Maybe they are viewing 50mb+ files and that is causing it, I don't know but all my files are relatively small so I shouldn't have that issue [the times my Iliad crashed where from large PDF files)
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote