View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I disagree about every book on the list. Except Proust, which I'm told is very good in French.

Don't make me whip out my lit degree on you guys for trash-talkin' Hemingway. He and Gertrude Stein were pals and were experimenting with language, stripping prose down to the bare bones. His more meaty works, such as The Old Man and the Sea are more to my taste, but the stark Nick Whatsisname stories were experiments.

This all came about in that post-WWI era, when modern art, poetry, and lit was exploding out of Paris.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote