View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #1867
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookiemommma View Post
I am personally slightly frustrated by this attitude, because with Copy Paste, and GrabMyBooks and several other means available to download and capture the text, it's not a sure sign that someone's not going to be able to access their work in a downloadable format.

I understand the fears. I've had some of my own fic ... not verbatim plagiarized, but poorly riffed (and I was pretty offended by it), but I still want as many readers as possible to read my stuff. But I, too have seen a couple authors who have switched sites like four times to avoid downloadable content.
Agreed. No predicting whether somewhere out there someone didn't save that embarassing fic you thought you'd managed to obliterate off the 'Net, really: I found I have a few of those taken down fics saved back in the early 2000's when I was going through the saved fic folders trying to import to calibre. I made an argument for why fear of easier duplication shouldn't be a reason to spurn more modern services than FFN, but well, no convincing cattle that won't drink the water from your trough!