View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #40
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Checking out Linux. Thanks

Thanks cromag for the good explanation. What's "rarely" for those full scans though?

Good to know. Thanks.

thanks taustin. Good to know about the quick scan being good enough most of the time. So, the quick scan should identify the drive-by web viruses. Then do a system restore (which I don't know how to do--lol). Then a full scan?

Thanks. I've got to find out more about Linux. Is it that much of a defense against viruses? Is everybody using it?

What does Java have to do with it? (I have it because it gives me these updates. I have no idea if I need it or not.) (And I'm getting a scary totem pole.)

So just trust Microsoft Security Essentials to protect everything?
A good firewall.

The biggest security problem is the user.
EowynCarter is online now   Reply With Quote