View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonaldo2000 View Post
Anyone have some good popular science recommendations? I've read "A Short History of Nearly Everything" and enjoyed it.
Awesome book. A few science purists may not like it because he doesn't get everything "exactly right", but Bill Bryson really makes science interesting and accessible in this book. I will forever be haunted by nightmares of Bill's description of "...bacteria drilling into your teeth".

I would recommend The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It is a human interest story that revolves around science.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote