View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
I dropped my jetBook in its padded case from about bed-height onto carpet and it broken the screen. It landed on its side/edge.

I have now dropped my Sony PRS-350 twice--once from waist height and once out of my coat pocket--and it fell on wood and tile none the worse for wear.

I think the frame has a large part to do with my Sony surviving vs. the JB.
Well, I must have dropped my Jetbook a dozen times over the nearly two years I had it. The plastic cracking is what did it in, not the LCD.

I would have to say that my impression is that both LCD and eInk have approximately the same durability. For each there is a certain set of circumstances that will break them.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote