View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #58
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Is there any actual size mentioned in any of the rumors? I would think the screen would not be useful if much smaller than the Sony. If the screen was that size, that would make the whole item, as shown, much bigger as well as somewhat thicker than the Sony. That much bigger probably also means that much heavier. If it is that size, it is no longer "hold with one hand", which is what one expects from most books, so it no longer is a book in the casual reading sense of the word.

So what we have then is a sorta small tablet PC that does not do nearly what a tablet PC does. I think there is great danger in trying to make a reader that does so much that it is no longer really a reader. Doing one thing well is better than trying to do a lot lot of things and winding up doing many of them badly, which is what the design as we know it now seems to imply. I sure hope I am wrong.

Last edited by CCDMan; 11-17-2007 at 10:33 AM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote