View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I'm a sucker for a really cool title, and A.C.O.D. has the coolest title that has come down the pike in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Haven't gotten around to "Confederation...". Way low on my TBR list.

Potter, though?
Well, Rowling hooked me with the first page.
You just need to be in the mood for whimsy and idiosyncratic fantasy and appreciate good wordsmithing.
The books were originally intended as an age-appropriate kids series that are nonetheless adult-friendly. So the first volume is intended to be accessible to a ten year-old kid while the last volume is dark enough for 17 year olds (basically, adults).

Doesn't mean they are for absolutely everybody any more that everybody likes Tolkien. Personal taste and mood always come into play.

Sometimes one just isn't in the mood...
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote