View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #67
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
All right; I've modified the GUI interface in response to =X='s suggestions, or at least something close to them. (I deleted the old version, and uploaded the new version, and it's the one attached to the newly edited message above. The image is revised too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Yes that is what I mean.

Defiantly the input filename. The output filename should auto fill to reflect the input name with a modification like: "inputname_soPDF.pdf".
Defiantly?

OK, I made it so you could do it with either the input filename or the output file name; personally, I get a lot of files with unhelpful names, and so long as I was renaming them in the process, I might as well make it easier on myself. But for others, doing it with the input file should work too.

I also made it to auto-fill the output file name to "inputname-soPDF.pdf", but only if you use one of the Browse buttons. In particular, if you click Browse for the input file name, after you finish, it'll automatically insert that into the output file name. Also, if you click Browse for the output file name, it'll use that as its default "suggestion" (even if the input filename was not filled in through the Browse button), but you can still edit it to something else if you wish.

(The particular ending -soPDF is also ignored in metadata parsing.)

If you don't use the Browse buttons for either, it won't do this, but I figure most people will use them, and it's good to have some flexibility.

Quote:
The ultimate solution would be to do what calibre does, but that is getting complicated. (Calibre allows the user to write some psudo regular expression and allows for complete customization of convention.)
Yeah, that seemed over the top; especially prior to someone actually asking for it!

Quote:
Maybe you can have a radio option

Autofill:
* None
* Author - Title
* Title - Author
As you can see in the new image above, I used normal buttons rather than radio buttons. It would have been just as easy with radio buttons, but since I'd probably make it default to "None" with radio options, you'd have to click something anyway. (And having it save your preferred option in some config file seemed over the top...) And a radio button would give the impression that changes made to the filename after having already done the parsing once would automatically end up reflected in the metadata even if the button was not re-clicked, and I wanted to give the flexibility of being able to do the parsing, but then change the filename afterwards while keeping the old parsed metadata values (or vice-versa). You can always change, then reclick this way.

Obviously, someone might prefer the other way of doing it, but there's no pleasing everyone, and I like this way better (...and I really wrote it for my own purposes, after all...)

Thanks for the suggestions!
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote