View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #66
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
I agree that that would be nice. You just mean from the file name chosen (rather than, e.g., trying to read it from the metadata in the input .PDF)?
Yes that is what I mean.

Quote:
Next question: should it parse the input filename, or the output filename?
Defiantly the input filename. The output filename should auto fill to reflect the input name with a modification like: "inputname_soPDF.pdf".

Quote:
And would everyone agree that it should be "Author - Title" rather than "Title - Author" or something else? (I can imagine some fairly sophisticated parsing algorithms, as well as some very barebones ones; the latter are of course easier to code!)
How hard would it be to add a radio button and allow both options. The ultimate solution would be to do what calibre does, but that is getting complicated. (Calibre allows the user to write some psudo regular expression and allows for complete customization of convention.)

Quote:
I believe that sopdf will retain the author and name from the input .PDF if these flags are not used (or left blank in my GUI), although I had meant to test that [EDIT: tested and it does]; until theguru (or someone else) fixes the issue in sopdf.exe with quotation marks in the author field I pointed to above, I typically would prefer to make use of that feature than a lot of filename parsing. I guess filename parsing could be made optional, or done with a button or something.
Yes it does, however my experience is that most PDF, even professionally bough eBooks don't fill that information out. having the ability to enable disable this would be a good feature.
Maybe you can have a radio option

Autofill:
* None
* Author - Title
* Title - Author

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote