View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #65
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I agree that that would be nice. You just mean from the file name chosen (rather than, e.g., trying to read it from the metadata in the input .PDF)?

Next question: should it parse the input filename, or the output filename?

And would everyone agree that it should be "Author - Title" rather than "Title - Author" or something else? (I can imagine some fairly sophisticated parsing algorithms, as well as some very barebones ones; the latter are of course easier to code!)

I believe that sopdf will retain the author and name from the input .PDF if these flags are not used (or left blank in my GUI), although I had meant to test that [EDIT: tested and it does]; until theguru (or someone else) fixes the issue in sopdf.exe with quotation marks in the author field I pointed to above, I typically would prefer to make use of that feature than a lot of filename parsing. I guess filename parsing could be made optional, or done with a button or something.

Last edited by frabjous; 03-02-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: noted above
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote