View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
Syniurge
Enthusiast
Syniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-650
Two years late — A crossplatform ePub highlight extraction tool for PRS-350, 650...

A tool like this one should have been made at least two years ago for pre-PRS-T1 readers (from the venerable PRS-700 to PRS-350/PRS-650/PRS-950), but noone ever did and now that I have accumulated hundreds and hundreds of highlights on my PRS-650, I shivered at the thought of having to boot Windows and to export them manually book by book, so here it is at last, only 3 generations late :

Screenshot:

You'll need Ruby and some gems (Nokogiri, CSSPool and ZipRuby) so it's probably going to be easier to setup on Linux and OS/X than on Windows.

The script is easy to tweak if you wish to change the way the annotations are rendered.

Last edited by Syniurge; 09-28-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Syniurge is offline   Reply With Quote