View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #35639
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I love my new Timberland shoes. However, the rawhide laces keep getting undone, which is driving my crazy. So, I've found another knot to use for tying shoelaces, with rawhide laces it doesn't look as pretty but I don't care as long as I don't have to tie my laces every half an hour.
Tying rawhide laces can be a problem... at first. If you don't like that knot, here are two other options.
1. Tie your usual knot, but with one small variation. When you begin the knot, instead of a simple overhand turn (left over right, as in figure 1 or your example,) make it a double. Go around twice instead of just once, then tie your bow the usual way. The two turns will stop most of the pull on the bow from the movement of your foot.
2. Soften the rawhide laces. Get some ordinary shoe cream (NOT wax shoe polish!) neutral color, and rub it into the last foot or so of lace (the area used for tying.) Really work the cream into the leather, folding and bending, pulling, stretching, bending some more, softening the lace. It will be MUCH easier to tie a bow that will stay.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-12-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote