View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_babylon View Post
As rkomar wrote, it seems as if the TTS merely waits for the screen to update the emphasis to the next sentence. I suppose that the GUI does simply not provide the option to modify the duration though possible in principle. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to "hack" the TTS software to make the configuration possible.
I'm not sure you have the opportunity, either. I've looked at the fbreader source code that PocketBook have released, and although there are some upper-level calls to the TTS software, I didn't see any code that really did anything. I expect the TTS code is proprietary, and wasn't distributed. The libinkview API also doesn't have any TTS functions in it.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote