View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #63
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post

I've lived in Vancouver and in stone's throw of the western side of the Rockies (Calgary). I can totally see a Vancouverite burying their nose in a guide book rather than looking at the real world because the Pacific coast is amazing in comparison. The diversity of plant and animals in Vancouver is amazing. You don't even have to leave the city to see animals like coyotes and a much richer variety of birds than you'll see in the wilderness west of the Rockies. I think it's safe to say that you'll see more variety in the plants of a square meter of the lower mainland than you'll see in a square kilometre of most parts of Canada.

So feel free to admit that the hiker engrossed in the guidebook was you.
I still live in the greater Vancouver area. The array of wildlife is amazing -- racoons, bears, coyotes, rats have been seen here in the last couple of days. As for birds, a couple of herons on the mud flats, a bald eagle and the more usual selection of Stellar blue jays, etc. It's a lovely area to live in with the ocean and the mountains in our backyard.

Beats where I used to live when the question was "Where were you the night of Nov. 14th to Jan. 25th inclusive?" An area where we thought Edmonton was in the deep south.

As for the hike, I didn't have my nose buried in a guidebook. I was the guy wearing a couple of cameras taking pictures of anything that stood still for more than 2 seconds and quite a few things that didn't.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote