Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #42
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Davidfor,

To be expected since it still thinks it's in the previous chapter. Somebody just forgot to increment a common pointer or variable somewhere.

When you consider how many variables are being accounted for, and used in different operations and dialogs I can see how it'd be easy to miss without testing routines based on variable dependencies every time you changed a module.

My biggest project to date was in real time control with a GUI front end on PC based hardware, multiple concurrent real world processes via multi-threading and semaphores, shared variables and structures, all written in C running over DOS and later Windoze, several hundred KB of hand typed code, and believe you me, it was a good thing that it was a solo effort or things would have been far worse! At least I was the only person making changes, no having to constantly check what somebody or several somebody's or teams were up to.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote