View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #97
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Hi Vicinc!

Edit: Never mind, the TFTP you managed to get working is probably safer. :-) But I do think it might be possible to make a flasher that will run from the regular system...

BIG FAT WARNING: This is untested, product of a mind that should be going to bed and not thinking about this, and has the potential to uber-bork a device if any of the commands or arguments are wrong. I CANNOT GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK, OR THAT IT WILL EVEN LEAVE YOUR DEVICE AS IS AND NOT WORSE (sorry for the shouting, but it is important).

If you're still desperate enough to be willing to try this probably hare-brained idea, you could try to copy the files from the attachment to your device (unzip them first). Then, as root, in a terminal go to the directory and run the following commands:

# ./flash_erase /dev/mtd5 0x00100000 48
# ./nandwrite -s 0x00100000 -p /dev/mtd5 ramdisk.maint.gz

I have included the Dingo maintenance ramdisk, so it might interact in weird ways if you have Ermine in your device. You could probably try the same with the Ermine maintenance ramdisk if you want (it would be better to remove the last 4 bytes that are the CRC, but I think that should not matter).

If you are brave enough to try it, good luck!

P.S.: Again, BIG DISCLAIMER: I have no previous Android experience, and this might break your device, not work, water your coffee, give your cat an incurable disease and/or all of the above.
Attached Files
File Type: zip flasher.zip (6.47 MB, 151 views)

Last edited by pablob; 11-14-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Comment became irrelevant, I think.
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote