View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Well everyone's vision is different, and sensitive to different things. But if it's enough to cause me concern and not buy any time I'd be taking a trip into a doctor to get my eyes checked out (besides my yearly exam). Refresh rates on modern LCD screens are high enough not to cause eyestrain, unlike what they were 10 years ago. Backlighting no longer uses CF but white LED's, which produce brighter light and do not fade out over time. The iPad was designed with the best possible display in its class and if it was causing me any problems I'd be worried. Now my 12" Powerbook is going on 6 years old and obviously has some dimmer spots as the CF backlighting is going, that's a whole different story..
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote