View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #21919
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Update to rant:

2. Had conference with oral surgeon today - will remove what's left of the molar Friday morning (letting the swelling/inflammation from the aborted root canal procedure go down while I build up my antibiotic levels) & insert a bone graft under laughing gas -- for an implant surgery in 2 months. Since it's the last molar in the row, I can't get a bridge or partial for it.

Sigh .... I'd kill to chew something crunchy!

I HATE TEETH!!!
Yeah. My ex had to have all his teeth removed at age 16. Ouch. Had a pair of dentures that worked well for him, but by age 59 the bone beneath had atrophied away to near nothing (something about not the same stress on it as with real teeth). So he had bone replacement plastered in there too. Spent 9 months eating mostly soft stuff, but learned to smoosh food against the roof of his mouth with his tongue. He was able to eat a surprising number of things that you wouldn't expect.
Hope your ordeal is much easier than that! But I can ask for tips if you need long term help. Hope you don't!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote