View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #84
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
$50 makes a difference to me. Some people, including me, would rather have a device that does not have an interface that some other company has laid on top of the GUI that Google creates.The lack of an SD card does not cripple a device, from my perspective. Believe it or not, some people have no desire to take pictures with a 7 inch tablet.

I am sure you have a wonderful job that gives you amazing insight into the future of technology. I wish you well and much happiness with whatever device you decide to buy in the future.

Thank you. We all hope that our purchases are sound ones (large smile!)

I do wonder why you bought a Vox. Didn't your knowledge of the industry suggest another choice might be superior to it back then?
----------------------------------------------

Taking pictures with an amazing lens system, in a 7 inch format, and then being able to process that image right on site, and wherever you are...and then be able to gmail.com it to a friend or family in live-time from your vacation, is only one of the ultimate reasons to have a 7 inch format. The form can be easily manipulated as any digital camera, can be put into most pockets, can give the most incredible HD display, and on and on. Having an S.D. slot to bring your system up to what you want, rather than be sold as is, is also a strong suit for another 50 bucks. Human nature is, that if you have the storage cpacity, you will use it and smile in doing so. Pictures, movies, music files, books, video-books, etc. That is the beauty of a 7 inch format.... the ease of handling, and having all the fire-power of 10 plus inch format and up. I could not think of not having a rear- facing HD camera on my 7 inch! Neither it seems can Asus...as per their released MeMo 370T show spec's.

Also, I bought a Vox, because that was truly the only book culture in-house 7 inch that after purview, made sense for the price, and so, could later pay my scheckles for a full bore 7 inch tablet. As we Vox owners all know, the Vox is an eReader foremost, with a side order of Tablet. The Asus MeMo 370T will be a 7 inch powerhouse that can do......it all! Read, cruise the Net, movies, and PICTURES to shoot, enjoy, add to emails-on-the-fly. Yes...I'll wait. It's around the corner....

The reason I feel, that most persons do not end up fully taking advantage of the rear camera, is that on a 10 or greater inch unit, it is simply to unwieldy and also some might feel a little out of place in doing so. Hold up a 7 inch format, and it would be no bigger truly than a high end digital SLR body.

But as I stated earlier, each will choose to purchase what they best feel meets their needs.

R.P.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 06-29-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typo
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote