View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrefly View Post
I don't know if this option exists, or could exist, but is it possible to auto-delete files from their old locations on the HDD as you import them into the Calibre library?

I have a large collection of books, and as importing regularly fails (24% best performance so far, and that took 36 hours or so, so it's not surprising that it gives up sometimes), I have to keep starting from the beginning again. This would be a lot easier if the books that had been imported successfully weren't still sitting in the source folder too.
My work flow (in the beginning , when I was bulk adding):
Create a folder: WORKING
Move a bunch (25-50) of to be done book folders (or books, if many in one folder).
Start the Import of those into Calibre.
While that is grinding away.

Prepare folder WORKING2

When working import completes: Verify the import of all items. Fix problems.

Delete/Archive WORKING and start Import WORKING2

(repeat till done)
This avoids Calibre choking and allows minimal re-Importing (wasted effort) of completed books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote