Thread: PRS-505 Battery life with a twist
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeBooks View Post
That happened to me at first 'til I realized that the wi-fi was always on and always searching for a signal. Once I turned it off, I haven't had a problem. My battery now lasts almost 2 weeks with lots of use every day. I don't charge it until it dies and then I charge it overnight.

If you've already checked the wi-fi and made sure it was off, then it might be the charger like you mentioned.
Sounds like you may have a 900 or 950; the OP has a 505 which doesn't have wireless connectivity.

qkjb,

You might have purchased a bum battery. Lithium rechargeables have a finite life whether they're being used or not. Given the age of the 505, who knows how long those replacement batteries have been sitting around. Also, quality of the cells/pack can be a large factor, not so much with a single cell such as our readers use, but it could still be a bad unit. As was mentioned, do not purposely run a lithium rechargeable flat.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote