View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't think Python 3 will take off unless they can fix it so it also runs 2.5.x/2.6.x code without any modification.
I suspect there is no chance at all of any solution that literally has Python 3 providing compatibility.

Though, to be frank, I suspect that for those with a bit of system administration knowledge (like the Ubuntu maintainers, web hosts, et al) running both Python 2 and Python 3 concurrently is probably trivial. Hence I'm not convinced this is actually a problem.

Here's a list of changes/conversion notes for Python 3. My interest is piqued.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote