View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #14
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordcrasher View Post
Is it good for surfing sites like forums, email, etc. ?
It's fine for reading the forum - I just type "mobileread" onto the keyboard, then hit the google button and then viola! I can do this in my house or in the park or anywhere really but I still wouldn't say any ereader is good for browsing the internet due to the slow screen and processor. It's perfect for when I come across something in a book and want to read a wikipedia article on the item though.

Many sites have a mobile friendly url and these sites would also be great on the kindle. I can't see if mobileread has a mobile friendly url - it would be kind of ironic if it didn't

It's quite poor when it comes to posting on the forum though. You have to go into advanced mode which is slower and you then need to cursor around the screen to type what you need. I started to type this reply on my Kindle but then got frustrated and decided to use the PC instead. That's not a criticism of the kindle as I think any eink ereader will be a pain in this regard. I suspect email via gmail would be fine though. I haven't tried the mobile friendly version of yahoo yet.

Hope that helps.

EDIT : just found the mobile url http://www.mobileread.mobi/

Last edited by mike_bike_kite; 06-24-2010 at 08:07 AM.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote