View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #871
IVressE
IVressE began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Thumbs up

Hi,

First off, thanks for all the hard work on this thread and hack. I've now installed on 20+ devices for friends and family and myself, and it was always a breeze to follow the instructions.

However, I have a bit of a remark after installing the jailbreak+ screensaver hack on the PW2. While installign the JB almost felt like cheating (What? Not even needing to put device in maintenance mode? Just copy-paste a file and done?), I did not manage to make your package work before a couple different tries. It is only when I saw what features you were speaking of (random, overflow etc) that I thought that Python would have been great to do that, and asked myself why you used Python only for the Covers part.

That's when it hit me to try and install the python package before trying to install the hack, which made it work like a charm.

Now this might just be me being a bit of an idiot, but right now it kinda looks like from the formatting and from some phrases in the text, that the python package is optional and only useful when using the Cover function, so maybe you'll want to clarify it a bit (then again, it really might just be me).

Anyway, keep up the great work, and cya!
IVressE is offline   Reply With Quote