View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I've read 10 of the list, but I'm not overly impressed with the list. No Twain, no Tolstoy, no Balzac, no serious S/F (except PKD's Ubik, which wasn't even his best work), and no Voltaire....
"English language novels published anywhere in the world since 1923, the year that TIME Magazine began"

By "ALL-TIME" they mean "all of Time Magazine's history".

I was surprised to see I'd read 13 of them (maybe 12, as I can't remember which Pynchon novel I read as an early teen'. I would suggest my comprehension of it was limited, resulting in the corresponding limited memory).

Books I haven't read that are on the list, but which I would like to, are The Grapes of Wrath, To Kill A Mocking Bird, The Blind Assassin, Infinite Jest & Watchmen. There are others on the list, but I've listed the above as they are specific books I want to read, as opposed to authors that I'd eventually like to read (eg. Virginia Woolf, Cormac McCarthy).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote