View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But it's not just a phone, Jon - it's a status symbol. Having an iPhone makes you irresistably attractive to members of the opposite sex!
That explains a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I could understand why they would have a few problems to handle queries on their database, API requests etc... But downloads ? It's just static files ! A simple x-send would do the trick.
I think their problem is just the raw load of download activity on their servers at once.

This is just the kind of thing I was thinking of in another thread (here somewhere) about formats and delivery: If eReader sent purchasers one formatted file (like ePub) that they would then convert to their device of choice, they wouldn't have to worry about customers coming back and bombing their servers for re-downloads. IOW, they are experiencing the downside of their own proprietary, DRM-based system.

But hopefully they'll recover soon, when the initial surge is over.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote