View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
KlondikeGeoff seems to had gotten my point completely. The only reason I found out about the Reader is because of rumors from Engadget and a few sources, and I only found it because I was REALLY looking hard for an E-book Reader. Go to a Borders here in NJ, , there are 3 or 4 stores that sell them in the entire state, and you have to really look for the little kiosk in the store for these. There are also only 2 Sony Stores in NJ, other than that I have maybe 5 places to go to between a physical store and online to find these and be able to purchase one if I was looking and just heard about it. I want to see this thing succeed. That will ultimately create more of a market, and a wider range of book releases if this thing works. People said Itunes wouldnt work out, and music companies would never sell music online, they all seemed to had budged when they saw it work. But Apple had to market heavily to get it to work. I showed my reader to a few people I know that enjoy reading, they never heard of it, and they love the concept. These are people that do watch TV and read the papers. Our readers are capable of downloading Newspaper content, but they limit themselves to a few feeds via RSS. I really feel this thing is capable of something bigger than it has started out as if Sony works to make it work.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote