View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
"MS Office Home and Student 2010" is a bundle of programs, including the (almost) latest version of Word. They've messed up the user interface with an obtrusive Ribbon instead of the old menus. But everything is still there, and a few neat new things as well!

If you're writing novels from scratch, there's a lot to be said for writing straight into Sigil. If you don't add a lot of unnecessary formatting in the first place, there will be no issues about converting it. The little that IS required - basic paragraph styles, chapter headings etc. are easily added by a stylesheet in Sigil. Start clean, stay clean. Simples.
Thanks exaltedwombat. That's excellent advice. I'm just so darned used to Word. But yeah, composing in Sigil it would be clean from the get-go. And I'm sure I could get use to composing there. Thanks. Appreciate the wise feedback.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote