View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #93
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, we could really do without the Kindle and Amazon. Amazon has screwed people over with eBooks in the past and they are still doing it today. We don't need Amazon to screw people over with eBooks. We need them to play nice. But they didn't in the past and they don't now. It is totally not right for Amazon to get exclusive content that we know a lot of people without a Kindle have been wanting for a long time now. I would not find the prospect of Amazon leaving the eBook market for good to be bad. In fact, I'd find it to be quite good.
Jon, I'm a bit curious ... are there no books that are available in Sony format that are not available in other formats? I mean, as long as you are saying that all ebooks should be available to everyone, and not just because they spent the money on an ebook reader, then I am assuming that you mean all ebooks should be able to be read on any device, computer, pda, whatever ... and not just that Amazon is at fault for having a format that is specific to the Kindle. Isn't the lrf format specific to the Sony? Or, am I reading more (or less) into your post than I should and the lrf format can actually be read on ebook readers other than Sony.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote