View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Not trying to be argumentative but I'm not sure why you feel my statement is not true. When I first started using calibre with a KT I had multiple instances where the book loaded without a cover image. I read posts in the calibre forum regarding this issue, where multiple people stated you need to do convert the book before you download it, in order to insure you get the cover image, along with the book.

If the book is already in an epub format thats ok, but you will still need to do an epub to epub conversion. I have downloaded at least a hundred books since and I have yet to have another book download without a cover.

Have you tried doing a conversion prior to downloading? You may have a separate issue but while I was one of those people questioning whether calibre was a problem earlier, I've made the adjustments I referred to earlier and I have not experienced any more problems and I use calibre on a daily basis.
That is true for books that were never published as epub. All books that are published as epub have covers and adhere to the epub standard. Books that are scanned and turned into epubs will most likely not have a proper cover as they were never published as epub.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote