View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Philosophical musings: Inexpensive Sony Reader

With the great news that a batch of (supposedly) 1,000 units just sold out at TigerDirect for $99.99, I started to think about the implications of what this might mean.

Note: I was able to order one at that price, but it's backordered. Question: Did TigerDirect actually HAVE 1,000 units in their warehouse at the time they sold out?

These are some of the philosophical musings that occur to me:

1) Amazon is about to release their "cheaper" reader, thus "forcing" Sony to remain competitive.

2) The Reader is being discontinued - No new Reader forthcoming due to lukewarm [read mediocore] sales.

3) The Reader is being discontinued - a new model is about to be released.

Regardless of what might take place, I'm convinced that the Sony Reader has been - for me - a liberating experience. I've read more books - and "created" more books - than I thought possible. Readng has always been a joy for me; the Reader contributes even more to my enjoyment of reading.

What are your thoughts?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote