View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
4Foot
4Foot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
I'm not sure that even 8" would be that great for full-page comics. Having a fiddle with a couple of different tablets has led me to the conclusion that 9.5/10" is basically where you need to be for full-page comics without zooming. ComiXology's guided view is pretty cool, but going panel-by-panel tends to result in pixelation/blurriness once you hit around a 4" screen.

@4Foot: Benefits like with e-mail are the same kind of benefits you get in having a smartphone. Tends to be that having both a smartphone and a tablet on oneself at the same time results in some redundancy, which is why a lot of people who already have smartphones don't see the point of tablets, because they're often just smartphones with a larger screen and no 3G/phone. Like the Vox - it's running Android 2.3, and so is my 3.8" phone, which essentially runs as a pocket computer (the phone itself being very much secondary).
Cyvros:

Greetings to the FogSea!

I agree completely with your thoughts on having a tablet & a smartphone. Fortunately for me, I do not own a cell phone anymore so the Vox, "eReader with Benefits" is just about right.

I understand redundancy, I run a Mac desktop, a Linux desktop as well as a Win7 laptop and it can get a little bit dizzying trying to keep them all doing separate things while syncing those things that need to be kept in sync, like addies et al.

If I get too wound up keeping it all in perspective, my wife takes great delight in reminding me that I am the biggest redundant item in my HO.

I also agree with your thoughts on screen size, but would choose the Asus over the iPad on price alone.

Cheers

4Foot
4Foot is offline   Reply With Quote