View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer23 View Post
I am trying to decide if I want a dedicated ereader or not.
At the moment, I am reading epubs off Android using an HTC Desire HD (4.3" like HD2, EVO and Droid X)

It's alright and it's pretty high quality but I have never seen a E-Ink Pearl in action.

Is it worth buying a dedicated reader in addition to the smartphone ? What was your thoughts when YOU moved from your 3.7"+ smartphone to E-INK ? Is it much more comfortable ?
Well, admittedly, the latest generation of Smart Phones have rather large screens, but some might still think they are a little bit small for reading. A 4.3 in screen will probably have about 50% of the area of a 6" screen, which means you will be turning pages twice as often.

Further, the latest generation smart phones tend to burn batteries rather quickly if left active. In contrast, an eInk reader can often go weeks between battery charges.

Finally, eInk just comes much closer to recreating the feel of reading a page in a real book.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote