View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Camille

I've been building up a network over the last year. Facebook, Twitter, etc. When I went public with the release of my book I made a huge deal out of it and let people know that I was giving the book away for free. I also posted here.

Quite honestly the giveaway was pretty easy but build up the network took time.

If you want some really good advice on some of this check out Joe Konrath's blog. It's worth every word.
Thanks, yeah, Konrath is the one who inspired me to pull out some of my older work and publish it.

I was actually not asking about promoting it, but the mechanism you used to physically give the book away. Coupons? Personal sending by email? Free downloads from your website? Just set the price as Free on Smashwords? All of the above?

Since Amazon won't let you price as free, I am a little concerned about the juggling act to use Smashwords to get a free version on Amazon, and then getting the free Smashwords version off Amazon later when you want to put up a priced version.

Of course, that's not a problem if you are using a book promotionally and intend to always keep it at free.

Sorry if I'm obsessing - I'm just trying to figure out details of my action plan when there are SO many options out there.

Camille

The Adventure of Anna the Great
at Smashwords, or for Kindle

The Wife of Freedom
at Smashwords, or for Kindle
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote