View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
tracings
Enthusiast
tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook HD, Nook Glowlight 3, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
Recently, the Harry Potter novels in French showed up in my local library's collection, and I borrowed the first one to see how well my high school French has held up. I was delighted to find that my Kobo Touch already had a French dictionary, and "translate" was as simple as any other dictionary look up. I was especially pleased that the dictionary it's using (I think Merriam Webster French-to-English) included a lot of common phrases, which was quite helpful. While I did have to look up several words per page, I'll blame my high school classes: words like "wizard" and "wand" were never on our vocabulary lists.

I really enjoyed the experience, as the last time I read a French book, I was lugging around the print book and the dictionary on the bus. Kind of awkward to read, if I was unable to find a seat.
tracings is offline   Reply With Quote