View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
All of the big e-readers They are all trying to tie you to their store.
Well, I hate to say this, but you can buy eBooks for a Sony Reader anyplace that sells ePub as long as it's not Apple or B&N. You can but eBooks for a nook anyplace that sells ePub except Apple. If you have an iPad, you can buy ePub from anyone that sells ePub and you can even buy from Amazon. If you have a Kobo, you can buy the same eBooks as you can for Sony. So I don't see how this is trying to tie you into anything. Really.. the only device that actually ties you into anything (DRMed eBooks only) is Amazon. You cannot buy any eBooks from any other shop (that has DRM). And you cannot borrow library eBooks.

But, I guess being interoperable is how all (except Amazon) the big readers will tie you into their shop only. But for those who know about this tie-in with Amazon and are OK with it, then the K3 can be a good fit. It's just when someone gets a K3 and doesn't know and wants to go shop elsewhere are use library eBooks that a problem arises. So give people as much information as possible to let them make an informed choice.

So not give out false information.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote