View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Harry,

You set up two accounts at Amazon. Account 1 is the one to whom you register your Kindle. Account 2 is just an ordinary account - no special requirements as far as method of payment or country of residence is concerned. Each account has a different email address.

Account 1 enables 1-Click, with a US address. A credit card is not needed at this stage.

Account 2 purchase a gift card, and mails it to Account 1. Account 1 applies the card to his/her account.

Now, whenever you want to buy a Kindle book, you log in as Account 1, and make the purchase via 1-Click. Since you have a positive gift card balance, it does not prompt for a credit card number. It just takes the money off your gift card.

That's about all there is to it.
Does Account 2 need to be U.S. based also? I've read that the gift card "currency" between the 2 Amazon accounts has to be the same (U.S. with U.S., Canadian with Canadian). So, Canadian based Amazon account couldn't buy a gift card for a U.S. based Amazon account.

EDIT: Forget the question. I just proved it myself using a Canadian Amazon account to buy a $10 gift card for a U.S. Amazon account. It works and was applied successfully.

Last edited by All4Fun; 05-01-2009 at 01:48 PM.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote