View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Just reading this thread; I have the impression that it was the, less than ethical, agent who turned down any ebook publication.
Here's the context for the Harper Lee May 2006 quote BeccaPrice provided in #9:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/10...oft-pages.html

Quote:
. . . in an abundant society where people have laptops, cell phones, iPods, and minds like empty rooms, I still plod along with books. Instant information is not for me. I prefer to search library stacks because when I work to learn something, I remember it.

And, Oprah, can you imagine curling up in bed to read a computer? Weeping for Anna Karenina and being terrified by Hannibal Lecter, entering the heart of darkness with Mistah Kurtz, having Holden Caulfield ring you up — some things should happen on soft pages, not cold metal.
The above was written about four months before the Sony Reader was released, but there's no evidence she has changed her mind.

I've said that copyright is too long, but I still support it. If the author wants to make his or her book hard to obtain, or hard to read, I disagree, but would allow it.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote