View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #228
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Somehow I don't think you have the latest dictionaries.
Thank you, ShellShock. That probably explains why the dictionaries did not work for me. Strange thing is that the dictionary-zip files in my desktop application folder have all the filestamp 29.03.2013, and this is in accordance with the information in the database. The dictionary files on my Touch, however, have all the timestamp 19.04.2013. But the content is much older than the content of the desktop dictionaries. One could think that some of the dictionaries were copied from the reset partition, and only those unavailable (in FW 1.9.16) were downloaded.
I just see that the Portuguese dictionary in the desktop application folder and the one on my Touch are in plain text. The file stamps of the htmls of this dictionary is 28.10.2012 (much younger than my reset FW 1.9.16). So this dictionary has evidently been downloaded yesterday after updating to 2.5.0. This might be the cause for this problem.
The new Italien dictionary too is in plain text.The file name convention seems a little different: 11.html has been split into 1a.html and so on. No more filenames with accented letters. The entries from ké.html, e.g., are gone to k1.html. Anyway, if this dictionary is working under 2.5.0, it might be a helpful case.

Last edited by tshering; 04-20-2013 at 06:18 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote